Download my CV here.
- Forthcoming. Even worse than it seems: Transformative experience and the selection problem. Journal of Philosophical Research.
- Forthcoming. Did Dewey have a theory of truth? Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society.
- 2018. The case for discussion-intensive pedagogy. APA Newsletter on Teaching Philosophy.
- 2018. The pragmatic origins of ethical expressivism: Stevenson, Dewey, and the International Encyclopedia of Unified Science. In S. Marchetti and M. Baghramian (Eds.), Pragmatism and the European Traditions: Encounters with Analytic Philosophy and Phenomenology Before the Great Divide. New York: Routledge.
- 2018. From global expressivism to global pragmatism. Metaphilosophy 49: 71-89.
- 2017. A pragmatic argument for a pragmatic theory of truth. Contemporary Pragmatism 14: 135-156.
- 2014. Radical pragmatism: An operator’s guide. European Journal of Pragmatism and American Philosophy 6: 125-144.
- 2011. Pragmatic epistemology, logic, and inquiry. In Sami Pihlström (Ed.), The Continuum Companion to Pragmatism. New York: Continuum.
- 2008. With David Hildebrand and Kimberly Bilica. Addressing controversies in science education: A pragmatic approach to evolution education. Science and Education 17: 1033-1052.
- 2006. Jamesian truth. William James Studies 1.
- 2004. Sidney Hook and anti-communism. Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society 40: 803-816.
- 2003. Pragmatism and the McCarthy Era. Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society 39: 61-76.
- 2002. Achieving pluralism: Why AIDS activists differ From creationists. In T. Burke, M. Hester, & R. Talisse (Eds.) New Essays on Dewey’s Logical Theory (pp. 239-261). Nashville: Vanderbilt University Press.
- 2000. Naturalism, pragmatism, and design. Journal of Speculative Philosophy 14: 161-178.
- 1999. The pragmatism of Frederick L. Will. Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society: 475-500.
- 1996. Dewey, Quine, and pragmatic naturalized epistemology. Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society 32: 634-667.
I regularly teach courses on epistemology, American philosophy, logic, and contemporary philosophy. The most recent syllabi for these and other courses are below.
In Spring 2018 I will be teaching a seminar on "Truth in the Time of Trump." The syllabus for that course is here.
Introduction to Philosophy(.pdf)